Sunday, December 5, 2010

Artist Sketch: James Paterson (Presstube)

For this assignment we had to create an art work based on a given artist. The purpose was not to copy the artists work but to use his style as inspiration. I was given James Paterson. I'm not familiar with his work. This is the first time I have seen his work. From my perspective, most of his work is abstract line work. He uses a lot of cross hatching line work for his background, so I decided to use that in my artwork. A lot of his work also consists of several objects blended together with human body parts. I was drinking a bottle of 7UP when i started and decided to use that as a base. I also noticed he had a lot of side art-objects drawn around the main subject. There are many other small details that were added based on his work. I have a great appreciation for his work now because it takes a wild imagination to come up with abstract work like his.

No comments:

Post a Comment